[portland] Cubespace to close unless buyer found...

Dylan Reinhardt python at dylanreinhardt.com
Sat May 23 01:54:20 CEST 2009

Sad as this is, it seems a bit much to paint this as a failure of vision on
Portland's part... or even a failure of management on US Bank's part.  If
you take the management of your organization seriously, you *must* pay the
rent.  Banks and commercial landlords are not interested in hearing that
you'd rather pay for your staff to have health care, virtuous as that choice
may seem.

I really hope CS finds a way to pull through, but let's not flagellate the
whole town or the banking industry if they don't.  Lots of people are
struggling right now and though CS is special, their situation is far from
unique.

$.02