[portland] Script to Change UPPER CASE to Mixed Case

Rami Kassab rami at typethink.com
Tue Sep 22 02:35:07 CEST 2009

Rich, I believe what you're referring to is Title Case. Python has a built
in method for strings called title(), which you could use but it doesn't
take into account small words. I found this method,
http://muffinresearch.co.uk/archives/2008/05/27/titlecasepy-titlecase-in-python/,
that follows some rules from the New York Times for title casing.
As for a way to automate this for your CSV, it might be difficult to find a
pre-written script that does that and title cases for you but it's very
trivial to use the Python CSV reader library and just loop through each
line, run a title case method on the fields you want, and save the output.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

--
*Rami Kassab* - Chief Executive Officer
M 503.888.8605