[portland] Bloody Stupid Johnson Teaches Agile, Wednesday 12/15

Kevin Turner keturn at keturn.net
Tue Dec 7 18:48:28 CET 2010

Hi folks,

The night following the coders' social is the "Bloody Stupid Johnson
Teaches Agile" presentation I mentioned at our last meeting.  The catch
is that it's way out on the Intel campus in Hillsboro, so I'll be
attempting to wrangle some ride-sharing.  If you want to go and you can
offer a ride or you want one, let me know what part of town you'll be
riding from/to.

 - Kevin

Event description follows:

For our December Agile PDX evening meeting, James Shore and Arlo Belshee
will be
reprising their immensely popular Agile 2010 presentation, "Bloody
Johnson Teaches Agile."

What is it? Almost impossible to explain! It's a farce and a parody of
things Agile. You have to see it for yourself!

The Abstract:

This fun and energetic session features "Bloody Stupid" Johnson and his
The Jester facing off to architect the Perfect Agile Process (PAP). On
journey, they will get just about everything wrong. Come learn what not
to do
and have a good time doing it.

This session received the highest ratings of the conference--actually,
highest two ratings of the conference, because they were invited to
present a
special encore session. (It was the only session that was invited to

This event is free. It begins at 6:30 pm with pizza, sponsored by PNSQC

The Location:

Intel Ronler Acres Multi-Purpose Room 1
2501 NW 229th Avenue
Hillsboro Oregon 97124

Go to the main entrance, first light south of Evergreen. Go to the RA1
entrance (with the flag poles in front)

You will need to check in with security, so please arrive early.

Details available at:

and a review of the presentation (warning: spoilers!) at Agile 2010 is