[portland] Meeting Tonight! 6:30pm @ Webtrends: multiprocessing, Twisted, Diesel

Michelle Rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Tue Jun 8 23:23:15 CEST 2010

Hello Pythoneers!

The PDX Python Oracle has spoken: Today is the second Tuesday of June,
and thusly there shall be a meeting of Portland Python Programmers.
[Here's a link to the Meetup page for this month's meeting, if you're
into that: http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/calendar/13464192]

When -- Tonight, 6:30pm. That's 6:30, people!
Where -- Webtrends
  851 SW 6th Ave.
  Suite 1600
  Portland, OR 97204
  * There will be a security guard in the lobby to let us in and bring
us up in groups via the elevator. Just wave at them through the glass
doors and tell them you're with the Python group.

What --
We've got three great talks lined up for this evening. First, John
Melesky will present the module of the month: multiprocessing
(http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html). John says,
"It's like threading, but without the GIL!" Karl Anderson will give us
an Introduction to Twisted, and Michael Schurter will bring us 'round
to beverage:30 with an Introduction to Diesel. Following the Pythonic
festivities, let's mosey over to Bailey's (or somewhere else nearby,
if we are collectively so inclined) to continue the discussion.

The Oracle has spoken. Hope to see you there!

Michelle