[portland] Meeting TONIGHT 6:30pm: PyCons past & present, pizza, beer!

jason kirtland jek at discorporate.us
Tue Mar 9 20:16:56 CET 2010

Pythonistas,

The Portland Python Users Group meets tonight!  In addition to a
stellar topic lineup this evening, we will have free pizza and beer
provided by our kind sponsor, SurveyMonkey!   You'll want to be sure
to arrive on time for this one.  (But also please remember that we're
guests in the Webtrends space- don't arrive before 6:15.)

Tonight we have:

Michelle Rowley will present the monthly module: functools.

Adam Lowry, Michael Schurter & Michelle Rowley will be recapping the
high points of PyCon 2010 & pointing out great sessions that you can
watch when you get home, thanks to the PyCon video archives!

Finally, Jason Kirtland will be presenting "What I Learned at PyCon...
Last Year", reflections on lessons learned while implementing
functional testing techniques over the past year at Idealist.org.
This will be a whiz-bang presentation with an exciting announcement!

Tuesday March 9th 2010
6:30PM at Webtrends - The guard at the front desk will let you in & up
851 SW 6th Ave.
Map to Webtrends, etc. at http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/

I hope to see everyone there!

Cheers,