[portland] More from PyCon 2010: Zen of CherryPy Talk

Michael Schurter michael at susens-schurter.com
Fri Mar 12 22:33:16 CET 2010

If you're looking for a unique talk, I really enjoyed Zen of CherryPy
by Robert Brewer:

Slides: http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/56/
Video: http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3332744

It's a little silly perhaps, but I wish every web framework would give
similar talks.  It's interesting to hear about how design decisions
are made by framework maintainers.  I'd love to replace some of the
"State of X" talks (which feel like the presenter is reading a series
of blog posts) with "Zen of X" talks to get a better idea of how "X"
arrived at the state it's in today.

Anyway, if you want highly technical or information dense talks, this
one is definitely not for you.

 - schmichael

Full disclosure: Robert Brewer is a coworker at YouGov.