[portland] Python Developer Job at SurveyMonkey

Erin Hoffmann erin at surveymonkey.com
Tue Mar 16 22:59:41 CET 2010

First, I want to say I had a great time meeting many of you at the meetup last week.  Thank you for being such gracious hosts.  Like I said last week, we're looking to hire software engineers in our Portland office.  If this sounds interesting to you, I'm including the job description here.  Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think might be a good fit.

Please use the following link to apply: http://www.jobvite.com/j/?aj=oH3fVfwE&s=Python-Portland

=================================

SurveyMonkey - Python Developer

SurveyMonkey is the world's leading provider of web-based survey solutions, but there's really much more to us than that.  We're a smart, passionate group of people who work hard to deliver the best survey experience on the planet, period. We do this because we believe everyone deserves easy access to the insights and information they need to make better, more informed decisions.

We're also proud to admit that despite our incredible growth over the past 10 years, we refuse to grow up. We are still small and nimble; everyone plays an impactful role; and when we say good ideas can come from anyone, we mean it.

SurveyMonkey is trusted by millions of customers, including 100% of the Fortune 100, as well as other businesses, academic institutions and organizations of all shapes and sizes. In any given month, we collect more than 25 million survey responses from people in over 190 countries around the world.

If this sounds like home to you, and you're ready to make your work matter to millions, we'd love to meet you.

The role: Software Engineer

Survey Monkey is looking for software engineers that have a passion for solving complex and interesting problems.  To handle information at the scale of the web requires ideas from just about every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design, etc.

Qualifications:

Essential:
* Deep understanding of object oriented programming principles and design patterns
* In-depth, hands-on knowledge of Python and experience working with the relevant tools
* Knowledge of at least one other server-side language, such as Java, C#, or Ruby.
* Experience with Django, Pylons, or other Python web frameworks
* Excellent communication and people skills; collaborative team orientation
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent

Ideal:
. Experience working on consumer-facing web sites
. Experience building systems which apply Internet-scale architecture and design patterns
. Demonstrated success working in an agile, fast-paced, dynamic environment

Please use the following link to apply: http://www.jobvite.com/j/?aj=oH3fVfwE&s=Python-Portland