[portland] OSB and Python

Michael Schurter michael at susens-schurter.com
Thu May 13 17:57:33 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Dylan Reinhardt
<python at dylanreinhardt.com> wrote:
> Is it just me, or did Python majorly get the finger from Open Source Bridge?
>
> 90 sessions in all and only two that even *mention* Python.  Only one of
> those seems to actually be *about* Python.  Unless you could Postgres, I
> guess. Maybe that's two, it's tough to tell.
>
> Seriously, there are more sessions about Haskell and non-relational
> databases than stuff you might actually use?  More than twice as many
> presentations on PHP than Python, Perl and Ruby combined?
>
> Probably just jealous... I submitted two of the dozen-odd Python proposals
> they passed on.  :-)

Wow, that sucks.  I had just assumed we, the local Python community,
had dropped the ball on this one, but it doesn't sound like it.  Seems
a million PHP proposals popped up as soon as they started accepting
proposals.

Sorry to hear your talk wasn't accepted. I enjoyed your Django talk
last year. iirc it was a packed room and the talk was very well
received.

Next year maybe we'll have to organize some nights to get together and
help each other craft great proposals.