[portland] Meeting Recap + Reminders

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:31:59 CEST 2011

Yo Rowley --

I'm always up for talking about Martian Math, even without a laptop
(in Kentucky, Toshiba tells me -- under non-warranty service, even
though it went under warranty).

5 mins or less is fine, longer OK too if needed.

Here's my write-up of our latest meeting, as always completely from
my personal perspective with no journalistic goal of "objectivity"
ever crossing me wittle mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx43vcV2aX0&feature=related

No wait, that's not it, here we go:
http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2011/04/ppug-20110412.html

You can use me as filler, i.e. I won't be offended if I'm asked to
take a back seat to Lowry or Shmichael etc. whom I always learn
a lot from (Rowley is good too, no 2nd banana to anyone when it
comes to being Pythonic (as in pithy)).

I'm not up to hosting yet, though thanks for asking.  You 'n
Jason etc. are just too good at it.

And now for something completely different, picked off of
ChiPy (the Chicago list):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mXe9nRiPHI
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2011-April/007735.html

Speaking of Chicago, I defended our honor a few months ago,
when they were accusing us of using "bouncers" (who us?
in Portlandia?).

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2010-March/006614.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/chicago/2010-March/thread.html#6614
(wow, over a year ago by now, time flies)

Upshot:  Chicago wants bouncers too (in leather maybe).

Kirby

CC:  snakeherders / pdx

MM / Wikieducator
http://wikieducator.org/Martian_Math (Python mentioned)

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Michelle Rowley
<michelle at pdxpython.org> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who came out to the monthly meeting Tuesday night. And
> two loud shouts out to Chris Pitzer for his talk on Learning Javascript from
> Python <http://lofiart.com/files/learning_js_from_python.zip>, and to Adam
> Lowry for demoing the
> traceback<http://docs.python.org/library/traceback.html>and
> cgitb <http://docs.python.org/library/cgitb.html> modules.