[portland] Error: object does not support item assignment

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Dec 7 19:59:54 CET 2011

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Ethan Furman wrote:

> class OneFrame(wx.Frame)
>
> In order to support item assignment the `__setitem__` method must be defined.
> I do not see that in the `OneFrame` class, so unless `wx.Frame` has it, it
> won't work.

Ethan,

   I thought it that importing the class required methods would be made
available.

> My question is:  should `data` actually be a `OneFrame` object, or should it
> be some other namespace/object?

   Oops! Now I see the problem: I left the code to run that one class in when
I imported it to the main file. Commenting that out helps. Now I need to
clean up some other discrepancies but this one's resolved.

   Mea culpa!

Thanks,

Rich