[portland] Tkinter Question

Joseph Burks joe at burks-family.us
Mon Mar 7 09:12:45 CET 2011

It's hard to answer your first question (I don't think I can answer the
second well) without a little more information. Are you only setting input
widget size when you create the interface or are you changing while it is
displayed? Which input widget are you talking about and what size are you
trying to adjust (are you trying to create a 100x100 pixel checkbutton or a
40x5 character multi-line text widget)? In the simplest case you would use
the "place" geometry manager and tell it exactly where to put the widget and
how large to make it. There are many drawbacks to using the place manager
(for instance you lose automatic resizing when the parent window resizes)
but if this is something that is only going to be used once, it's probably