[portland] Rate question

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Mar 28 20:13:23 CEST 2011

Josh English wrote:
> Any suggestions? I'm not going to say no, I just want to know what's
> market-rate fair.

Good answers so far -- I just want to also remind you that as a contract
employee your old company is not paying Unemployment Tax, Worker's Comp
Tax, Social Security Tax, Vacation Time, Sick Time, etc, etc...
actually, let me re-phrase -- they should be paying those costs in your
rate, as it is a part of doing business.

I am not a lawyer, but I don't think you'll have problems in this
instance with copyright, etc, since it's the same company and they want
to buy your time and expertise to work on their software.