[portland] PDX Python: Tonight! 6:30 @ Urban Airship :: Talks + Raffle!

Michelle Rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Tue May 10 19:11:45 CEST 2011

Ahoy Pythonistas,

It's the second Tuesday of May, and that means it's time for PDX Python!
We've got fabulous things happening this evening, so I hope you can make it.

To start us off, Justin Gallardo will present Michel's Module of the Month,
colorsys. Then Dan Colish will demonstrate How to Put Lipstick on a Pig in
his talk about code maintenance. After the scheduled talks anyone is welcome
to step up and give a 5 minute lightning talk, so bring your notes if you'd
like to share something.

Following the talks we'll be raffling off a whole slew of items, including a
free ticket to the Open Source Bridge
Conference<http://opensourcebridge.org/>here in Portland June 21st -
24th! The organizers of OS Bridge have once
again generously given us this ticket to raffle off to our users. And, even
if you aren't the lucky winner, there's still a sizable user group discount
available to us for registration. Ask at tonight's meeting or on irc
(#pdxpython on Freenode) for more information.

Other items in the raffle include: A Python mug, a Python whisky glass, a
set of Python 3 instructional videos and a Django t-shirt!

See you at 6:30,
Michelle

Urban Airship is at 334 NW 11th Ave, in the Pearl District:
http://goo.gl/maps/U6mC

The main door will probably be locked, but the back door, which leads
directly to the event space, will be propped open. The back door is right
around the corner on NW Flanders, next to the loading dock:
http://goo.gl/maps/Ikbh

Adam will put up signs, and if you get lost you can call him at 503-866-0663
.