[portland] up for tutoring anyone?

Ryan Roser ryanroser at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 00:29:00 CEST 2011

Hi Heather,

I use Python and R for R&D on financial and textual data, typically dealing
with a medium amount of data, 100's-1000's of GBs, using a small cluster or
at least multiple cores. I would be excited to meet up, and I agree it makes
sense within the context of an existing Portland hackathon. It would be fun
to meet some other people that are using Python to make data-driven insights
and to learn some new ways to do things from each other.

As far as your projects go, there are lots of options for #1 depending on
the nature of your problem, but you could get started by trying out the
parallel python module (pp): http://www.parallelpython.com/

Thanks,

Ryan