[portland] PDX Python tomorrow: requests, mmstats, django-slow-log, and pizza!

Michelle Rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Mon Sep 12 20:30:58 CEST 2011

Hey Pythonistas,

(tl;dr -- we've got pizza tomorrow, so please RSVP. :))

Tomorrow will soon be today... and then today will be the day for PDX Python, at 6:30pm at Urban Airship!

Alas, we'll have to wait one more day. So, what's on deck for tomorrow's meeting?
* Nick Wilson is doing Michel's Module of the Month, the requests pypi module.
* After the module, we've got Michael Schurter giving us a tour of some Delicious Data with mmstats.
* Next, Chris McDonald will show us how he found a page in his Django site doing 100,000 (yes, one hundred *thousand*) queries with django-slow-log.
* If there's time left over, we'll put out the call for lightning talks.

And what could be more fitting to accompany a Delicious Data Demonstration than pizza? ATSI Group will be sponsoring pizza for all, and telling us a bit more about the openings they have for Python developers.

After the meeting we'll head over to Bailey's Taproom for some beverages and banter. Won't you join us? If you'd like to be counted for pizza, RSVP over on Meetup, or email michelle at pdxpython.org with a +1.

Thanks!
Michelle

---
Urban Airship is at 334 NW 11th Ave, in the Pearl District:
http://goo.gl/maps/U6mC

The main door will probably be locked, but the back door, which leads directly to the event space, will be propped open. The back door is right around the corner on NW Flanders, next to the loading dock:
http://goo.gl/maps/Ikbh

Adam will put up signs, and if you get lost you can call him at 503-866-0663.