[portland] PyCon Talk submission brainstorming

Michelle Rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Tue Sep 20 19:34:07 CEST 2011

Hey Pythoneers!

At last week's meeting there was some talk about getting together to brainstorm submissions for PyCon 2012 talks and/or tutorials. It would be amazing if we had some Portland representation at PyCon this year! The deadline for talk submission this year is October 12th - that's 3 weeks from tomorrow.

If anyone is up for it, I think we should start brainstorming this weekend, and maybe we can get one or two more brainstorming/pep-talk sessions in before the deadline. Remember, you don't have to have a completely formed talk in order to submit, you just need an idea that you can flesh out by March if that idea gets accepted.

It would also be great if anyone who has submitted and/or given talks at conferences before could join us and help us through the process. I've submitted to a conference once as a co-speaker, but it wasn't accepted, so the submitting (with Selena Deckelmann holding my hand the whole way ;)) is as much as I know about the process.

I've created a survey to keep track of how many Python people are feeling up to submitting a talk, and who can meet when: http://goo.gl/q7fWI. Feel free to ignore the stationery on that survey... someday I will change it from my old Emma testing one. ;)

Michelle

P.S. We can also discuss how we might all get down there… *cough*gigantic decorated van*cough*?? Just sayin'.

---
Michelle Rowley
@pythonchelle
michelle at pdxpython.org