[portland] question about FLOSS bookkeeping projects

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:48:43 CEST 2012

Not sure how topical, but back in the day when Jeff Schwaber, Kevin
Turner and I were working more with Free Geek during Ron Braithwaite's
tenure (led to SQL Clinic in Hillsboro), we surveyed the open source
scene for the QuickBooks competitor.

Say someone wants to keep books, chart of accounts, income, expenses,
could be for a business... what's free and open?

Preferably written in Python  (there's the tie-in).

I remember we came up with one SQL based accounting system that ran
through a web server (maybe localhost).  Is FOSS bookkeeping still
such a dimly lit alley?

Kirby