[portland] Looking for a senior Python contractor for an exciting startup

Bernard Sanders bernard at smartcloudit.com
Mon Feb 27 16:57:51 CET 2012

Portland Pythoneers,
If you know someone who might be interested in this position, please
pass it along!

thanks,
Bernard

     Senior Python developer needed on a fast-paced engineering team.
We want you on our team to build an exciting new cloud computing product
that is transforming the way that people interact with their data
centers.  This position is for a one-month, full-time contract position,
with the possibility of extending. Hourly pay rate commensurate with
experience.

Requirements:
  * 8+ years of SW engineering experience
  * 3+ years of Python experience
  * Efficient and happy working in a Linux environment
  * Exemplary communication skills
  * Drive
  * A passion for automation, bringing order to chaos, and solving
customer problems
  * An interested in doing your own design, implementation, testing, and
basic documentation

Nice to have:
  * Django experience
  * Familiarity with Agile methodology
  * Experience with virtualization technologies
  * Experience with data center automation technologies (Puppet,
BladeLogic, CFEngine, Altiris, HPSA/Opsware, Chef, etc)

Reasons to consider this job:
  * We score 11.5 out of 12 on the Joel Test
<http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html>
  * We use continuous integration and gain product strength through
automated regression tests
  * You will have an ample field to exercise your creativity, problem
solving skills, and leadership
  * Many fascinating technical challenges waiting to be solved

To apply, submit your resume to: bernard at smartcloudit.com

--
Bernard Sanders
Lead Technologist