[portland] Next meeting: January 10th, 6:30pm @ Urban Airship

Michelle Rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Fri Jan 6 20:12:02 CET 2012

Happy New Year, Pythonistas!

The first PDX Python meeting of 2012 (http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/events/39979212) is right around the corner, this coming Tuesday, January 10th.

As always, the meeting will start at 6:30pm at Urban Airship's Portland HQ, 334 NW 11th Ave: http://goo.gl/maps/U6mC. The back door, around the corner on Flanders, will be propped open: http://goo.gl/maps/Ikbh.

Topics this month:

+ Tastypie + Slumber
+ Heroku
+ PubSub with Redis

We've got a Pythonic smorgasbord planned! Eric Holscher will be introducing Tastypie+Slumber, Peter Banka will give an introduction to Heroku, and Chris McDonald will demo some PubSub using Redis. Rob Bednark will also be back again this month with Reverse Q&A and Pythonic Trivia Quiz. After the talks we'll head over to continue the discussion at Bailey's Taproom.

On the slate for next month so far is Brett Carter's Stupid Programming Tricks talk. Let me know if there's something you'd like to share in February and I'll get you on the schedule. My New Year's PDX Python resolution is to be more proactive… help me out, won't you?

Hope to see you Tuesday!
Michelle

---
Michelle Rowley