[portland] Advice for someone wanting to get into Python

Andrew Lorente andrew.lorente at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 16:43:17 CEST 2012

> I'll grab the h1, h2s, all the links, the meta tags, and the HTTP response
> code and throw them into a spreadsheet.

Oh yeah there's excellent library support for that. You should check out
Requests <http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/index.html> (for
fetching the pages) and
BeautifulSoup<http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/>(for
examining them).

It sounds like you're exemplifying the virtues of a
programmer<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Wall#Virtues_of_a_programmer>already.
Have fun!