[portland] Current django learning resources?

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Tue Dec 24 00:50:45 CET 2013

Hey folks,

I'm planning to spend some time during the holidays to write my first
django webapp, and was wondering what recommendations people have for
books and online resources to get me bootstrapped and using the latest
best practices? I have some background in Rails, though that's gotten
quite rusty in recent years, and I consider myself intermediate-level
with python itself. Practical resources which include things like how to
deploy a django app are especially welcome - I have a Linode server
running Debian 7 as my target webhost.

Suggestions?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

Scott