[portland] Image location for PyQT4?

Jason Champion jchampion at zetacentauri.com
Tue Dec 24 19:42:52 CET 2013

Hi Dick,

It sounds like they're either assuming you have certain files in your
icon library or forgot to include links to tutorial resources -- those
files are not part of Qt. It should be easy to get substitute images.

When I look in this folder on my Ubuntu system with Gnome 3 installed:

/usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/status/

I see these icons:

stock_volume-0.png  stock_volume-max.png  stock_volume-med.png
stock_volume-min.png  stock_volume-mute.png  stock_volume.png

That sounds pretty similar to what they're asking for, and it being Qt4
they were probably assuming a system with Gnome 2 installed. I bet their
default icons set has images with those names.

I have a number of folders with mute/min/med/max icons on my system:
/usr/share/icons/oxygen/, /usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-dark, etc. You
should be able to find suitable substitutes in one of the
/usr/share/icons folders, depending on what window manager and/or theme
libraries you have installed.

HTH,
Jason