[portland] Rather than re-invent the wheel ...

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 12 18:52:26 CEST 2013

   I am looking for existing modules and references I can use. The context is
a multi-user application with postgres at the back end, python for
middleware, and wxPython as the UI.

   The most important need is for secure user logins with username and
password. Users also are assigned roles which controls access to different
parts of the application; what they can view/edit and what reports they get.
Not sure if this should be part of the login module or some other module.

   The next need I've identified is allowing remote access.

   There are probably more issues I've not yet tripped on, but these are a
good start. Pointers to tools and reference documents much appreciated.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |      Have knowledge, will travel.
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |