[portland] Mentor/Personal Tutor

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 22 23:41:49 CEST 2014

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014, Chris Mingo wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is the correct venue for this request, but I am in
> need of a Mentor/Tutor for 3.4. I would like to work with 1 or more people
> to help broaden my comprehension several times per week. My biggest
> stumbling block to writing in Python is the syntax and not knowing enough
> about the available modules. For the right person/people, I would like to
> hire you for small contract projects in the near future.

Chris,

   You might also consider wandering over to Powell's and buying a copy of
Mark Lutz's "Learning Python, 5th Edition." It covers through 2.7 and 3.3
and makes a good wheel chock at 1700 pages in one soft-cover book (it should
have been published as a 3-volume set). Regardless, if you want a
comprehensive understanding of Python (both 2 and 3), that's worth your
reading. Just don't drop it on your toes.

Rich