[portland] quick turnaround contract: Matlab -> Python

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu May 21 18:01:38 CEST 2015

This is from a sports bra company, BraLab:

"""
It's been amazing for me to see the evolution in apparel
design/development/manufacturing software since I had to teach it on
non-customized Autocad years ago at WSU.  For the most part, apparel
industry software is pretty highly developed and customizable especially
with the need to transmit precise information to off-shore manufacturing
facilities. But I'm sure there are exceptions, so the need for the kind of
value a good Python programmer could add could very well exist beyond my
knowledge.

My highest priority right now is to be able to start quickly with a
suitable person for my small project.  To give you more insight, I'm
sending you a scanned copy of Nicole's MatLab program.
"""

Email me off-line if curious for more details.  I've looked at the MatLab
program they want done in Python instead and it looks pretty doable.  But
I'm working full time already.

I've known LaJean (who wrote the above summary) for some years.  She's one
of the top sports bra experts and if you're into the synergy of computer
programming and apparel, this could be an excellent experience.

Kirby Urner
O'Reilly School of Technology