[PSF-Community] PSF Board Meeting Minutes - 2016-04-12

Diana Clarke diana.joan.clarke at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:43:38 EDT 2016

Hi folks:

The PSF board meeting minutes from April 12th, 2016 are now available online:

    https://www.python.org/psf/records/board/minutes/2016-04-12/

There are also a few new posts on the PSF blog since my last email to
you all. Thanks Mary Ann & Jesse!

    https://pyfound.blogspot.com/2016/05/brett-cannon-wins-frank-willison-award.html
    https://pyfound.blogspot.com/2016/05/cubaconf-day-1.html
    https://pyfound.blogspot.com/2016/05/python-and-open-source-alive-and-well.html

And today at OSCON, Brett Cannon was awarded this year's Frank
Willison Memorial Award for more than a decade of CPython
contributions as a core developer. He's also one of the kindest people
I know :) Thanks Brett!

    https://www.python.org/community/awards/frank-willison/#brett-cannon-2016
    https://twitter.com/oscon/status/733300837842194437

The PSF provides grants for development, conferences, workshops, and
user groups.

    https://www.python.org/psf/grants/

The following grants were approved since my last report to you,
totalling $5,460 USD.

  - WatPy, Waterloo Region Python Group
    http://www.meetup.com/WatPyMeetup/
    Meetup.com fees
    Amount: $90 USD

  - Champaign-Urbana Python User’s Group
    http://www.meetup.com/Python-CU/
    Meetup.com fees
    Amount: $120 USD

  - Django Girls Bilbao
    https://djangogirls.org/europython2016/
    Bilbao, Spain
    July 17, 2016
    Amount: $750 USD

  - PyCon Cameroon Workshops
    http://pyconcameroon.org/
    Amount: $2000 USD

  - Kiwi PyCon 2016
    https://nzpug.org/
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Sept 9-13, 2016
    Amount: $2500 USD

For more updates from the PSF, please visit our blog and follow us on Twitter.

    https://twitter.com/ThePSF
    https://pyfound.blogspot.com/

Cheers,

--diana