[PSF-Community] [X-POST] PSF Board Meeting Minutes 2016-08-26

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:23:11 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

The PSF board meeting minutes from 26th August are now available online at [1].
There were 7 directors present, and 2 sent in proxy vote. Kurt Kaiser
(Treasurer), Betsy Waliszewski (Event Planner and Administrator), Mark Mangoba
(IT Manager) were also present in the meeting.

The board approved the two new members in the Grants Working group, Chukwudi
Nwachukwu (chair Python Nigeria), Tomiwa Orolu (co-leader of Pyladies Lagos),
and Victoria Martínez de la Cruz, from Buenos Aires (Argentina), is a cofounder
of LinuxChix (diversity initiative), a Django Girls organizer.

The following grants were also approved from our last meeting, totaling
$11220

* PyCon CZ
  October 28-31, 2016
  $3400

* PyCon Jamaica
  November 17-18, 2016
  $2000

* University of Liverpool Veterinary Clinical Text-mining Bootcamps
  September 2016, January 2017
  $725

* PyDayPiura
  August 20, 2016
  $600

* Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology Workshop
  November 2-6, 2016
  $805

* Lumbini Engineering College, Nepal Workshop
  September 6, 2016
  $390

* PyDX
  October 1-2, 2016
  $1500

* Django Girls Yenagoa
  October 29, 2016
  $800

* Python San Sebastian
  September 30 - October 2, 2016
  $1000

For more updates from the PSF, please visit our blog[2] and follow us on
Twitter[3].

[1] https://www.python.org/psf/records/board/minutes/2016-08-26/
[2] https://pyfound.blogspot.com/
[3] https://twitter.com/ThePSF