[PSF-Community] Rebuilding the PSF Fundraiser Q4 2020 - Donate Today!

Betsy Waliszewski betsy at python.org
Tue Dec 8 12:42:54 EST 2020

Hi fellow Pythonistas!

As some may have seen, the PSF announced that PyCon US 2021
<https://pycon.blogspot.com/2020/12/announcing-pycon-us-2021.html> will be
a virtual experience.

PyCon US generates over 65% of the PSF’s revenue. With PyCon 2020 and 2021
happening virtually, the PSF may lose over one million USD of expected
revenue for those two years.

Your support is more important now than ever! If you are able to, please
consider donating!

DONATE TODAY! <https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2020-q42020-drive/>

If donating is not an option, help spread the word about the fundraiser!
Below are some resources our staff put together for community members to
use.
Resources for talking points, tweets, posts, etc

   -

   Here is a link <https://www.python.org/psf/sponsorship/prospectus/2021/>
   that shows how recent PSF contributions have been spent.
   -

   Here is a link
   <https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ruk3on2yjazqoi/AACgrlv1c0XT5ExVJ56B9IKka?dl=0>
   to some custom infographics and I’ve attached two slides with information
   you can use in any upcoming virtual presentations.
   -

   Sample tweets:
   -

      Your contributions helped @ThePSF award $324,000 in support to
      initiatives around the world to 60 different countries in 2019! Please
      consider donating to help us continue our work -
      https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2020-q42020-drive/
      -

      The PSF allocated $30,000 to support CPython through a complete
      migration to GitHub in 2020 & in 2019 allocated $19,000 to assist CPython
      with Python 2 sunset communications. Help support future CPython
      improvements by donating to @ThePSF fundraiser!
      https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2020-q42020-drive/
      -

      Overall, @ThePSF has disbursed $1,752,000 in financial support
      through its Grants Program to trainings, conferences, sprints &
development
      all over the world between 2014 and 2019. Invest in our community by
      donating to the fundraiser today.
      https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2020-q42020-drive/

Thank you so much for your help!

Betsy

Betsy Waliszewski

Sponsorship Coordinator

Ewa Jodlowska

Executive Director

--
Betsy Waliszewski
*Pronouns: she/her/hers*

As a non-profit organization, the PSF depends on sponsorships and donations
to support the Python community.

Please contribute to the PSF; we can't continue our work without your
support! https://www.python.org/psf/donations/2020-q42020-drive/