[PSF-Community] Fwd: EuroPython 2020: Schedule published

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri May 29 10:37:55 EDT 2020

We are very excited to announce the first version of our EuroPython
2020 schedule:

		     * EuroPython 2020 Schedule *

		https://ep2020.europython.eu/schedule/

More sessions than we ever dreamed of
-------------------------------------

After the 2nd CFP, we found that we had so many good talk submissions
that we were able to open a fourth track. Together with the newly
added slots for the Indian / Asian / Pacific and Americas time zones,
we now have a fully packed program, with:

- more than 110 sessions
- more than 110 speakers from around the world
- 4 brilliant keynotes, two of which are already published
- 2 exciting lightning talk blocks
- 4 all-day tracks, with a whole track dedicated to data science topics
- a poster track, which we’ll announce next week
- a virtual social event
- an after party
- and lots of socializing on our conference platform

We are proud to have reached almost the size of our in-person event
with the online version of EuroPython 2020.

Never miss a talk
-----------------

All talks will be made available to the attendees as live Webinars,
with easy switching between tracks, as well as online streams, which
will allow rewinding to watch talks you may have missed during the
day.

Conference Tickets
------------------

Conference tickets are available on our registration page. We have
simplified and greatly reduced the prices for the EuroPython 2020
online edition:

    https://ep2020.europython.eu/registration/buy-tickets/

As always, all proceeds from the conference will go into our grants
budget, which we use to fund financial aid for the next EuroPython
edition, special workshops and other European conferences and
projects:

		* EuroPython Society Grants Program *

	      https://www.europython-society.org/grants

We hope to see lots of you at the conference in July. Rest assured
that we’ll make this a great event again — even within the limitations
of running the conference online.

Sprints
-------

On Saturday and Sunday, we will have sprints/hackathons on a variety
of topics. Registration of sprint topics has already started. If you
would like to run a sprint, please add your sprint topic to the wiki
page we have available for this:

		 * EuroPython 2020 Sprints Listing *

	 https://wiki.python.org/moin/EuroPython2020/Sprints

If registrations continue as they currently do, we will have a few
hundred people waiting to participate in your sprint projects, so this
is the perfect chance for you to promote your project and find new
contributors.

Participation in the sprints is free, but does require
registration. We will provide the necessary collaboration tools in
form of dedicated Jitsi or Zoom virtual rooms and text channels on our
Discord server.

EuroPython is your conference
-----------------------------

EuroPython has always been a completely volunteer based effort. The
organizers work hundreds of hours to make the event happen and will
try very hard to create an inspiring and exciting event.

However, we can only provide the setting. You, as our attendees, are
the ones who fill it with life and creativity.

We are very much looking forward to having you at the conference !

Help spread the word
--------------------

Please help us spread this message by sharing it on your social
networks as widely as possible. Thank you !

Link to the blog post:

https://blog.europython.eu/post/619453140468629504/europython-2020-schedule-published

Tweet:

https://twitter.com/europython/status/1266352353961299971