[PSF-Volunteers] Better fund raising for the PSF

Ramiro B. da Luz ramiroluz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:14:51 CEST 2005

Hi all.

2005/10/5, Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto <csotelop at yahoo.es>:
> Hi Stephan
>
> Probably i can help you, i gona read more about it

I will read more too.

> > * Writing up a newsletter monthly and distributing it
> > * Writing the code and setting up infrastructure needed
> >   for billing recurring donors (they give credit card that
> >   gets billed monthly; most of this is supported by the
> >   credit card processor, but some work is needed as well)
>
> could be

Maybe I can get some help in this services, I know some network
administrator that probably will like to help you. I am not a expert
but I can make some code, I can help someone that will lead this
effort.

> > * Identifying potential corporate donors and pursuing them
> >   (probably after the PSF comes up with a better channel
> >   for corporate donors that doesn't automatically make them
> >   all into voting members; this is where I was talking about
> >   recommending changes to the board)
> >
> > Hope that helps... I recognize that we're a community that doesn't
> > really have much experience with these kinds of things (I certainly
> > don't) but hope there is interest in learning with the motivation that
> > a well-funded PSF could do quite a bit for the Python community.
>
> You are right, we don't have so much experience in this things, i want
> help, but i dont know how. Maybe i coulbe not exactly a help for you.

This help very much, know I know where I can help. Thank you, and thank
you Carlos for the question.