[PSF-Volunteers] PSF-Volunteers Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Mon Sep 11 14:45:11 CEST 2006

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 12:03:22PM -0700, Harold Ricker wrote:
> I have a version available to review, critique and share. I have set
> up a temporary repository at my companies web site. Go to
> http://www.teratask.com/python_presenter/

That looks very nice; the yellow and the blue header/footer look quite
bright and cheerful.  Good work!

My only major issue is that I think the background graphics are still
too opaque -- they'll make it hard to read the foreground text -- so I
think their alpha needs to go a bit closer to zero.  Perhaps it's a
bad idea to have words in the background at all, because they'll
always interfere with the foreground text; does anyone know?

(If you want a larger S5 presentation to try with the theme, one of my
presentations with S5 is at <http://www.amk.ca/talks/2006-02-07/>.)

> I do have copies of the logo png files here. They are here for the
> demo and for convenience of the workspace. Should I remove the
> workspace copies, or are there any disclosures I should display?

It's perfectly all right to keep local copies.

> Haven't looked at anyone else's work or contacted anyone. Anyone
> should feel free to contact me about this. Evidently there is no
> other repository for submissions. If any of you guys need upload or
> display space I'll talk to my company about providing this unless a
> more appropriate place is available.

We could always start a wiki page and attach drafts.  Once a version
is finalized, I'll put the files on python.org so that they can be
used for PSF presentations (like the ones that Jeff Rush will be
working on).

--amk