[PSF-Volunteers] Seeking Editor for Python Success Stories

Stephan Deibel / PSF sdeibel at wingware.com
Sat Mar 3 16:58:36 CET 2007

Hi,

This isn't really a PSF activity, but it fits in with the PSF's advocacy
efforts and I've not yet found a taker on the
advocacy at python.org mailing list, so I am posting here as well:

For some years now I've been the editor of the Python Success Stories
collection hosted on pythonology.org
and content-franchised to various other websites.

I'm finding that I no longer have time to run this effort as well as it
should be and am trying to find a replacement
editor.  The minimum effort would be to edit the 5-6 stories per year
that come in without any attempts to beat
the bushes for new stories.  It takes an average of about 2-3 hours per
story and requires a strong command of
the English language.

It would also be good to find someone interested in trying to take this
a bit further:  For example, actively
seeking out stories from high-profile users of Python, working with
O'Reilly to get them to print a
third booklet, creating a better classification system, improving the
story hosting site, writing something so
python.org's copies are automatically updated (currently it's manual),
and so forth.

If you're interested in any or all of these tasks, please email me
privately.  I'm happy to coordinate between
multiple volunteers.

Thanks!

--

Stephan Deibel