[PSF-Volunteers] Change Python documentation paradigm

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat May 2 02:40:16 CEST 2009

David Butler wrote:
> I think that the ActivePython HTML documentation approach is inadequate,
>
> I have a better strategy which I describe on my ning website.
>
> I'm looking for an experienced Python programmer willing to take measures to remove existing Python tutorial gotchas.
>
> As a start, I would like to email invite that person to the website.
>
> The website's point: OpenOffice Writer is superior to HTML.

OK, first of all the ActivePython distribution isn't open source, so I
hope that what you are talking about is actually the same tutorial
published in docs.python.org.

Open Office Writer may be superior in some ways to basic HTML, but you
have to consider the delivery mechanisms as well as the preparation
mechanism. You can read HTML with only a browser, and insert hypertext
links in the documents.

So, maybe a few more details before someone asks for an invitation?

regards
 Steve
Watch PyCon on video now!          http://pycon.blip.tv/