[PyAR2] Accessing Web Data

Chad Cooper Chad_Cooper at SWN.COM
Thu Dec 20 21:03:28 CET 2007

Beautiful Soup might help you out, but I think its geared more for
screen-scraping...

http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

chad!

________________________________

From: pyar2-bounces at python.org [mailto:pyar2-bounces at python.org] On
Behalf Of W W
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 1:07 PM
To: pyar2 at python.org
Subject: [PyAR2] Accessing Web Data

Hi,

I'm a bit of a beginner at python, and I'm trying to figure out how to
use python to retrieve webpages, and so far I'm unsuccessful in my
attempts to find any information online.

Basically what I'm wanting to do is write a program to search
google/yahoo/etc. and return the site content so I can then search it.

I'm sure (at least on linux) I could send a system command to wget the
file, but that would severely limit cross-platform use, and worse I'm
sure it's not very secure.

Any pointers on how to do it or where to find the information would be
appreciated, thanks!
-Wayne

--
To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being
called gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly:

Notice:  This e-mail may contain privileged and/or confidential
information and is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the
addressee or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee,
you may not copy or distribute this communication to anyone else. If you
telephone or return e-mail and promptly delete the original message from
your system.