[PyAR2] Thanks and another question...

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:31:17 CET 2007

The urllib info was very helpful!

This isn't a specific question, more of one in general - I don't really
understand what's going on.
I've seen it in python, but I'm working my way through the PyGTK+ tutorial
and I just came across these two lines:

def callback(self, widget, data=None):
     print "Hello again - %s was pressed" % data

and I'm wondering exactly what the %s and % data mean? I've seen it several
places but never really an explanation of what it is or how it does what it

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi