[PyAR2] Where to start?

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 14:07:41 CET 2007

As of 7AM today, we have 10 people signed up to our humble little list.
What would *you* like to see the group do?  Do we take on Python evangelism
in the community by offering classes?  Do we concentrate on teaching more
advanced skills to those of us here?  Something else?  One thing I have
learned from the CARLUG folks is that nothing will happen unless we make it
happen, and even then it can be difficult.

As for a meeting, where is everybody located?  I'm thinking that Conway
would be a good location for a meeting because I know of one member in
Little Rock and another in Northwest Arkansas who has said he would be
willing to travel to meet with other Pythonistas.  We might move meetings
around, but that might make things worse than better.  I don't know.

Another issue to start thinking about is a logo for the group (because I'm
already thinking about a web page).  The official Python logo is the "double
snake" and I though we might use that inside an outline of the State of
Arkansas (we would need PSF approval, of course).  Another thought would be
to use the old "happy snake" logo.  Or, do we work something with the
"Pi-R-Squared" theme?  I can code, but I'm just not that good at artistic
stuff.

Lastly, any of you that are already skilled in Python should consider
submitting a paper for PyCon 2008 in Chicago.  Talks are 30 minutes
(actually 25, because 5 are reserved for questions), which is pretty easy to
fill.  Check out www.pycon.org for information on the conference.  Think
about going, if you can.