[PyAR2] Where to start?

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:25:41 CET 2007

Personally I think classes could be useful and certainly welcome... I would
also enjoy learning some more advanced skills.

As for location, I'm in Maumelle, so LR or Conway are both about the same
distance, +-5 miles.

For the logo, once we get a few more people on the list maybe we could have
a logo contest - people submit their logo proposal, I'd assume some type of
size/format restrictions.

I assume not all of us are artistically inclined (or interested, for that
matter), so I doubt everyone would actually enter a submission. Then perhaps
you could rig some type of voting system where all the logos would be
available for view.

Just my 2.5c
-Wayne

p.s. is there any way in the settings to adjust the "reply-to" address to
the pyar2 address? not a big deal but if some of us get in a hurry...

On Nov 15, 2007 8:07 AM, Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> As of 7AM today, we have 10 people signed up to our humble little list.
> What would *you* like to see the group do?  Do we take on Python evangelism
> in the community by offering classes?  Do we concentrate on teaching more
> advanced skills to those of us here?  Something else?  One thing I have
> learned from the CARLUG folks is that nothing will happen unless we make it
> happen, and even then it can be difficult.
>
> As for a meeting, where is everybody located?  I'm thinking that Conway
> would be a good location for a meeting because I know of one member in
> Little Rock and another in Northwest Arkansas who has said he would be
> willing to travel to meet with other Pythonistas.  We might move meetings
> around, but that might make things worse than better.  I don't know.
>
> Another issue to start thinking about is a logo for the group (because I'm
> already thinking about a web page).  The official Python logo is the "double
> snake" and I though we might use that inside an outline of the State of
> Arkansas (we would need PSF approval, of course).  Another thought would be
> to use the old "happy snake" logo.  Or, do we work something with the
> "Pi-R-Squared" theme?  I can code, but I'm just not that good at artistic
> stuff.
>
> Lastly, any of you that are already skilled in Python should consider
> submitting a paper for PyCon 2008 in Chicago.  Talks are 30 minutes
> (actually 25, because 5 are reserved for questions), which is pretty easy to
> fill.  Check out www.pycon.org for information on the conference.  Think
> about going, if you can.
>
> --greg

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi