[PyAR2] Where to start?

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:25:41 CET 2007

Personally I think classes could be useful and certainly welcome... I would
also enjoy learning some more advanced skills.

As for location, I'm in Maumelle, so LR or Conway are both about the same
distance, +-5 miles.

For the logo, once we get a few more people on the list maybe we could have
a logo contest - people submit their logo proposal, I'd assume some type of
size/format restrictions.

I assume not all of us are artistically inclined (or interested, for that
matter), so I doubt everyone would actually enter a submission. Then perhaps
you could rig some type of voting system where all the logos would be
available for view.

Just my 2.5c

p.s. is there any way in the settings to adjust the "reply-to" address to
the pyar2 address? not a big deal but if some of us get in a hurry...

On Nov 15, 2007 8:07 AM, Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> As of 7AM today, we have 10 people signed up to our humble little list.
> What would *you* like to see the group do?  Do we take on Python evangelism
> in the community by offering classes?  Do we concentrate on teaching more
> advanced skills to those of us here?  Something else?  One thing I have
> learned from the CARLUG folks is that nothing will happen unless we make it
> happen, and even then it can be difficult.
> As for a meeting, where is everybody located?  I'm thinking that Conway
> would be a good location for a meeting because I know of one member in
> Little Rock and another in Northwest Arkansas who has said he would be
> willing to travel to meet with other Pythonistas.  We might move meetings
> around, but that might make things worse than better.  I don't know.
> Another issue to start thinking about is a logo for the group (because I'm
> already thinking about a web page).  The official Python logo is the "double
> snake" and I though we might use that inside an outline of the State of
> Arkansas (we would need PSF approval, of course).  Another thought would be
> to use the old "happy snake" logo.  Or, do we work something with the
> "Pi-R-Squared" theme?  I can code, but I'm just not that good at artistic
> stuff.
> Lastly, any of you that are already skilled in Python should consider
> submitting a paper for PyCon 2008 in Chicago.  Talks are 30 minutes
> (actually 25, because 5 are reserved for questions), which is pretty easy to
> fill.  Check out www.pycon.org for information on the conference.  Think
> about going, if you can.
> --greg

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi