[PyAR2] Welcome to the "PyAR2" mailing list

Jason Ramirez Jason_Ramirez at SWN.COM
Fri Nov 16 13:14:04 CET 2007

My name is Jason Ramirez and just like Mr. Cooper, I work for
Southwestern Energy as a GIS Analyst. Chad is our Arkansas analyst
representative, I am based in our company's Houston office.

I use Python sparingly, but Chad has been passively proselytizing Python
and has show quite clearly that what he gets done in 30 lines of Python
code takes me 300 lines using VBA in the company's standard GIS desktop
software. I intend to lurk for a while, but recognize the benefits of
using a concise, compact, easy-to-use language like Python. I only ask
for a little patience for the n00b questions I will likely ask as I
begin to use Python more frequently in my daily tasks.

Thanks for putting this group together, and I hope we can share ideas
and information freely.

Jason Ramirez
GIS Analyst
Information Technology Services
Southwestern Energy Company
2350 North Sam Houston Parkway East, Suite 125
Houston, TX 77032
(281) 618-7360

Notice:  This e-mail may contain privileged and/or confidential
information and is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the
addressee or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee,
you may not copy or distribute this communication to anyone else. If you
telephone or return e-mail and promptly delete the original message from
your system.