[PyAR2] Modules and Packages

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 16:06:29 CET 2007

I put my vote in for starting with the basics, or at least glossing over
them!

On Nov 20, 2007 9:35 AM, Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> There have been a couple of requests for explanations on using modules and
> packages.  I thought that I'd start a thread on the subject, but I'd like to
> know where to start.  Should I start with the very basics ("what *is* a
> module") or with how to use them to simplify your code (and your life).
> Then, I'll move into packages (how to install them, how to use them, and
> then how to create you own) and then we'll move on to Python Eggs, a new way
> to distribute code.
>
> If you'd let me know what you would like to see, I'll get to work writing
> something up.  It may turn into a presentation for one our meetings next
> spring.
>
> --greg

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi