[PyAR2] First Meeting

Chad Cooper Chad_Cooper at SWN.COM
Thu Nov 29 21:05:16 CET 2007

Re the website thing....looks like we could settle for the wiki on
wiki.python.org, or.....we could figure out a way to splurge -
considering that the pyar2.org domain just happens to be available - and
get ourselves a real website. Other groups (chipy, socalpiggies, etc)
have their own domains hosted (at least it looks that way), I wonder how
they pay for it, or if they even do? It would be really cool to set up
our own site using plone (not that I know much about plone, but it looks
very cool).

chad!

________________________________

From: pyar2-bounces at python.org [mailto:pyar2-bounces at python.org] On
Behalf Of Greg Lindstrom
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:32 AM
To: pyar2 at python.org
Subject: [PyAR2] First Meeting

Hello, All-

OK.  We have a humble mailing list, but now it's time to think about a
meeting.  Here are items for consideration:

*	When?  January? Later?
*	Where?  I'm not sure where we are geographically.  Earlier, I
suggested Conway because we have members in Little Rock and
Fayetteville; Conway seemed like a good compromise, but it's *our*
group, not just mine.  Where we meet should have at least a couple of
rooms for presentations/classes and wifi would be nice, too.  Any ideas?

*	What should we cover?  I'm working on a class on modules and
packages.  I'd like to cover Python Eggs, but I don't know too much
about them yet (I'm looking to take a tutorial at PyCon, though).
Others have asked for basic Python.  Any other topics?  I have seen "how
do I do this" type sessions in the past, where anyone can ask about how
to do "X" and others talk about possible approaches.  I'm really
interested to see what we can do with Python and our GIS users.
*	What Else?  Those of you who have organized or even attended
user group meetings may have ideas.  What about a logo?  How about a web
page?  Can we get someone to host it for free (I don't know if the PSF
does that or not).

I'd like to meet before March, if possible.  That's when I'm going to
Chicago and I'd like to take something up there promoting our group and
maybe pick up more members.

Thanks,
--greg

Notice:  This e-mail may contain privileged and/or confidential
information and is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the
addressee or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee,
you may not copy or distribute this communication to anyone else. If you
telephone or return e-mail and promptly delete the original message from
your system.