[PyAR2] FW: Python Magazine copies for swag at PyArkansas mini-conference

Chad Cooper Chad_Cooper at SWN.COM
Mon Aug 4 17:05:28 CEST 2008

All, looks like PyMag is willing and able to help us out, they just need
some attendance estimates which I will get to them later. Also note the
3 free months deal to members of Python UGs.

chad!

________________________________

From: Doug Hellmann [mailto:doug.hellmann at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Doug
Hellmann
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 9:54 AM
To: Chad Cooper
Subject: Re: Python Magazine copies for swag at PyArkansas
mini-conference

On Aug 4, 2008, at 10:34 AM, Chad Cooper wrote:

	Doug,

	Hello. The Python Artists of Arkansas (PyAr^2) Python User Group
is hosting a one-day Python conference in Conway, Arkansas on October 4,
2008.

Hi, Chad,

Great, I'm looking forward to identifying potential authors from your
presenter list.  I'll keep an eye out for announcements.

	We were wondering if Python Magazine would be so gracious as to
donate some issues of PyMag for conference giveaways. We are co-hosting
the conference with the University of Central Arkansas Dept of Computer
Science, so this would be an excellent opportunity for both us and PyMag
to promote Python. Any amount of support that you and Python Magazine
would be willing to provide would be most appreciated.

We should be able to do something for you.  Do you have estimates for
attendance numbers, yet?

In the mean time, are you aware of the subscription promotion offer we
have for members of user groups who discuss Python-related topics?  3
months free PDF subscription to the magazine, with no obligation.

To take advantage of the offer, each member of the group should go to
our web site (http://www.pythonmagazine.com) and set up an account
(that's already free).  When they register, the site will ask them for
an email address to identify the account.  If a single member of the
group (you or someone you appoint) sends me a list of all the email
addresses used (no names, just email addresses), I'll make sure we
enable the subscriptions.

You can announce the offer at your next meeting, or right away if your
group has a private communication channel like a mailing list (i.e.,
please don't post the offer on your blog).

Thanks,
Doug
--
Doug Hellmann
Editor in Chief

	Thanks

	chad

	Chad Cooper
	GIS Analyst
	IT Data Systems
	Southwestern Energy Company
	1083 Sain Street
	Fayetteville, AR 72703
	479.582.8549 (o)
	479.530.8416 (c)

	http://www.super-cooper.com <http://www.super-cooper.com>

	Notice:  This e-mail may contain privileged and/or confidential
information and is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the
addressee or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee,
you may not copy or distribute this communication to anyone else. If you
telephone or return e-mail and promptly delete the original message from
your system.