[PyAR2] Upcoming Python Conference

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 03:55:44 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Arkansas Python Users Group.  Python is
a popular computer programming language (www.python.org) and our group,
aptly named "Python Artists of Arkansas" (pyAR^2, it's a geek joke) is
holding a 1-day conference October 4th from 8:00-4:00 at the University of
Central Arkansas Department of Computer Science.  We will be emphasizing
introducing Python as a first computer language by sending invitations to
all High Schools in Faulkner County as well as all adjoining Counties
(nearly 70 schools) and holding special classes for beginners.  Classes are
also being planned for intermediate and advanced Python users, and we will
end the day with a panel discussion and give-aways (door prizes). The
conference will be funded by local businesses and the Python Software
Foundation (the national committee), so there will be no charge for our
attendees.

I am attaching our "official" flier.  We would welcome any publicity you, or
channel 5, could give us to get the word out.

Best Regards,

Greg Lindstrom