[PyAR2] Funding

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 01:53:39 CEST 2008

I have opened a checking account in the name of Python Users Group of
Arkansas and placed $100.00 into it (I will take the money back if any is
left over after the conference).  As promised, I have drafted letters to
Acxiom Corporation and Novasys Health requesting $300.00 each (the same
amount the PSF donated).  Any others?  I will create a spreadsheet on Google
Docs as a register for the account.  If anyone wants read access I will
grant it.

I also got word that Noah Gift may be able to come up from Atlanta to
speak.  Noah really is smarter than your average bear and is part of the
OReilly Speakers Progam (http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/3039).  He could
speak on a number of advanced topics, many of which I would like to attend.
I will write him to find out if he is interested in attending and to see how
much OReilly picks up (we don't have the budget to bring in two speakers).
It would be a big deal and a draw for our more advanced attendees.

--greg