[PyAR2] Facilities for Conference

Chad Cooper supercooper at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 03:30:40 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Bob Fahr <bob.fahr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had some thoughts about the conference I don't believe we've discussed
> yet.
>
> What are our plans for the computer setup for the sessions?  Will all of
> the sessions be hands-on?  Will we install all of the necessary software
> beforehand, or will we attempt to do that during the sessions?
>

> In my experience with training we probably don't want attendees downloading
> and installing software, and its likely that security is setup so that they
> cannot do that.  Having the software installed and preconfigured would
> lessen the likelihood of problems during the sessions.  We also should have
> some volunteers in the room to help with problems, primarily in the intro
> sections but it might be nice to have some in all of the sessions.
>
> When will we be able to access the rooms? Can we set them up the day before
> or will there be classes?  UCA probably images the computers on a regular
> basis and we might have to wait until after that if it happens on Friday
> night.  We might be able to give the the additional software ahead of time
> so they can image what the conference software.
>
> Do we want to put the presentations and software on a CD that we can hand
> out to attendees?

I'm hoping we could have a website up and running soon after the conference
(sometime this fall) and we could just put everything up on that. I know I
will be working on my presentation(s) up to the last minute probably, so it
would probably be hard to get everything together before the conference.

> Should we get some pyar2 shirts made so that we can wear our "colors"?

Maybe we could get red nametags (the sticky kind) for "conference people" to
wear, and the plain white ones for everyone else? Making a tshirt could take
some time, not to mention funds.