[PyAR2] HELP! pyArkanss wiki is still down!!

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Thu Aug 28 22:39:32 CEST 2008

Greg Lindstrom wrote:
> I still can not connect to the pyArkansas wiki page.  This is
> particularly bad because the invitations are hitting the schools righ
> about now.  We also have requests for funding out there telling our
> potential donors to look at the site!  Can anyone else hit it?
>
> Jeff, can you take a look at this?

Sorry for the trouble.  Doug Napoleone and I are working on the problem with
Apache falling over.  We've recently been setting up another mod_wsgi process
instance under which to begin running the software for PyCon 2009 and this
problem started happening.  Unfortunately, we don't know whether it is related
to mod_wsgi, Django or the additional connections to PyCon PostgreSQL DB.

In case anyone is curious, the particular syslog entry saying Apache has
falled over is:

kernel: application bug: httpd(31973) has SIGCHLD set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait'). Workaround activated.

Doug and I are both chasing the problem and will keep a close eye on the site.
  Certainly keep sending me emails (or IMs via Jabber: xanalogica at gmail.com)
when the site appears down so we can restart it ASAP.

-Jeff