[PyAR2] Progamming Challenge

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:32:22 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM, <gslindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> It's been pretty quite around here. Nothing going on?

For me, just finals week and gearing up to get married on the 20th! So...
just a little on the busy side!

> One of my favorite challenges of old is "Given a positive integer N, return
> a list of the factors of N". Give it a try and post your results. The best
> (as judged by me) routine will be awarded a tee shirt from wearpython.com.

Here's mine, via attachment. I have it setup two ways: unique factors and
pairs of factors. I thought about trying to implement a binary tree so it
could show the actual factors using a tree type method... but I don't know
enough about python yet to do that. Might be a useful exercise though.

> Also, I plan on getting a web site up for us over the holidays. I have an
> account at webfaction.com that I am not using and want to play a bit with
> Django. If you have ideas on what to put on the site, please let me know.

I haven't played with Django at all, but something I always love to do when
I'm learning a new language is write a guessing game. The computer "thinks"
of a number 1-10 and the user tries to guess it. It's pretty fun - at least
I think so :)

I don't know how consuming it would be, presumably it would take quite a bit
of programming, but I would love to create a paint chat program.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint_chat

I'm sure some other general pyAR^2 themed stuff would be pretty cool.

My 2¢
-Wayne