[PyAR2] Loop? Sockets?

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 20:28:42 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a question about efficiency I suppose it is.

I'm experimenting with a chat type program, and here's question:

Would it be considered efficient to run an infinite loop continually opening
and reading a file, say

while True:
   f = open('convo.txt', 'r')
   f = f.readlines()
   print f

Or some variant of that? Or are there sockets(?) or something that would
work better? Basically I just want to be able to open it whenever the file
is changed, so that seems like overkill (and probably a waste of cycles).

TIA,
Wayne

--
To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,