[PyAR2] Python at OSCON

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 20:19:52 CEST 2008

I received a note concerning OCSON (the BIG open source convention
held in Portland this year) and the second item was the following:

Python is coming on strong.

Python's stability and readability are legendary. Now it's gone
mainstream. WXPython in Action got plenty of looks, and several
applauded the Python-based approach of Hello World! Computer
Programming for Kids. One booth raffle winner picked IronPython in
Action, and Google App Engine looks promising. What did you ask? "What
are you doing for Python 3000?" Our answer? Watch this space...