[PyAR2] PyGTK and canceling downloads

Kwadroke of The Wired kwadroke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:56:27 CEST 2008

I have written a PyGTK program that downloads files off the internet
using urllib.urlretrieve. The downloading works fine, but I'm having a
hard time finding out how to cancel the download as it is running.
I'm wanting the user to be able to hit cancel on a GUI and stop the
download. I've searched Google with no success. Any ideas or docs
someone can point me to?
I figured out how to interact with gtk to accept button presses, but,
I can't figure out how to actually stop urlretrieve from pulling down
the file.

Tony Bates - Kwadroke of The Wired
Red Hat Certified Engineer

Arkansas Linux Users Groups: hsalug.org carlug.org lrlug.org arlug.org
Arkansas Laser Tag - arklt.org
Kwadroke.com | Kwadrix.com
Arkansas Geek Central: arkansasgeekcentral.com