[PyAR2] pyArkansas

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:54:20 CEST 2008

I could get you contact info for Dr. Hu, the head of the CS department there.

I don't know if he could/would, but it might be possible for him to
work it so it's technically the CS club who's hosting the event at
UCA, which would allow free access to facilities like the Student
Center.

Otherwise, non-campus organizations are required to purchase ($$$)
food from Aramark.

But it sounds like a good idea! If it's a weekend I'm available, I'll be there!

-Wayne

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a blast at PyCon in Chicago -- learned a lot and met a bunch of
>  great people -- and have been watching the Ohio users group set up
>  pyOhio (www.pyohio.org).  Since we need something to do, I propose
>  that we set out to host pyArkansas for this fall.  It would be a 1 day
>  "unconference" with half hour presentations and maybe a longer "intro
>  to Python" class.  There are other things the Ohio is trying and we
>  can watch to see how they work.
>
>  The audience would be College and High School students, but
>  professionals and hobbyists would be welcome (and, hopefully
>  participating in a leadership role).  I'm posting this to our CARLUG
>  friends because we might want to coordinate with their install fest.
>  If another area of the State shows interest we could coordinate with
>  them.  I really want to make an effort to market this to the local
>  schools and get something going in Arkansas.
>
>  What do you think?  A  mailing list if fine, but it's way too quite
>  around here.  I want to do something!  If there is any support for
>  this idea, I'd like to contact UCA or Hendrix University to see if we
>  could use their facilities for a day.  I'll even try to line up a
>  sponsor or two.
>
>  Let me know what you think.
>
>  -greg

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being
called gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly:
every weakness, every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its
ennoblement and exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi